Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Library

The whole reason that I started this blog was to keep track of what I have read in oh-ten.  In 2009 I read a lot, but can only remember bits and pieces.  I am thinking of a few more titles that I polished off last year, but...

Most of my reading is courtesy of the nearest library.  In Bloor West Village, we had the Runnymede Public Library - a fine little spot.  Since the majority of my lending came from there, I thought "they MUST have a record of what I have borrowed."  They must right? 

Nope.  As an outsider you can't find anything on your account that tells you what you have borrowed.  So I called.  This was obviously a matter for a library professional.  Nope.  Professional librarians can't help you either.  Unless you are a chronic overdue type, they have no idea what you have taken out.

So.  I have done a little poking around.  There is a feature where you can add a book that you are searching for to your list.  I think that you can manage a few lists, perhaps start one as a wish list and then move over the titles to read after you have waited and waited to get the copy.  Just another place to keep track I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment